Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured leaving police custody | Royal | News
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released under investigation following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office, Thames Valley Police said. He was snapped leaving a police station shortly before 7pm this evening, some 11 hours after his arrest at Wood Farm in Sandringham.
A black Range Rover arrived at Aylsham police investigation centre in Norfolk at approximately 1850 this evening. Shortly after this, the vehicle, alongside two others, were seen exiting the gates. Andrew was pictured attempting to duck down from the waiting photographers.
The former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
Thamed Valley Police said in a statment: “On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“The arrested man has now been released under investigation. We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded.”
Searches at his former address, Royal Lodge in Windsor, are ongoing.
His brother, the King, said earlier that “the law must take its course” after expressing his “deepest concern” over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.
Andrew was taken into custody on his 66th birthday on Thursday, following allegations made against the former prince after the release of millions of pages of files related to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.
In response to the arrest, the King said: “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.” He added: “My family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
The former Duke of York vehemently denies any wrongdoing over his Epstein links.
Thames Valley Police previously said the force was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, and claims he shared sensitive information with the paedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.









