Published On: Wed, Apr 3rd, 2024
Top Stories | 4,280 views

Gardening expert warns against these five common flowers that can be deadly to pets

Daffodil (Narcissus spp.)

While daffodils are a cheerful addition to spring gardens, all parts of the plant, especially the bulbs, contain toxins that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even cardiac arrhythmias in pets.

Azalea (Rhododendron spp.) 

These vibrant flowering shrubs are admired for their colourful blooms, but ingestion of any part of the azalea plant can lead to symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, and even coma in pets.

Garden expert and Founder of Garden on a Roll, Antony Henn said: “As we all embrace the current trend for wildflowers and appreciate their simple beauty and ecological value, it is really important to consider your pets who obviously use your garden too.”

He said “old favourites” such as Azalea and Foxglove are harmful to pets but advised keeping them behind “wire mesh” if you want to keep them in your garden – while ensuring your pets are safe. 

Follow our social media accounts here on and @expressusnews

Source link