Published On: Wed, Jul 3rd, 2024
World | 3,799 views

Jay Slater search: Plea made to locals in remote part of Tenerife | World | News


An investigator working to locate missing 19-year-old Jay Slater has launched an appeal to locals to help boost the chances of finding him.

Former British detective Mark Williams-Thomas has urged Tenerife landowners to search their land and any outbuildings for any signs of Jay’s passage.

The Lancashire native mysteriously vanished in the early hours of June 17 as he walked back to Los Cristianos after travelling to the rental accommodation of two British men he and his friends had met earlier in the

Mr Williams-Thomas said Jay shared his location with two friends on both Snapchat and WhatsApp minutes before his phone shut down.

Sharing the latest updates on the search for the 19-year-old on X, the former detective said: “The evidence is that Jay walked off from the rental, walked for about 30 minutes and then sent his location at 8.49am and 8.50am.

Mr Williams-Thomas, however, noted that the 19-year-old had appeared hesitant to do so despite compelling reasons to do so.

He added: “We have received information that would suggest Jay left the rental property feeling scared and that he would not return to the rental, even though that would have been the most sensible course of action, and also where he could have charged his phone and got water.

“He was told to go back to the rental. He said he could not do that and that he had already been walking 30 minutes and that he was now off the road and walking on a track, where there were loose stones.”

The two men Jay and his friends were reportedly interviewed by Spain’s Guardia Civil but have since left Tenerife and returned to the UK.



Source link